Saturday 13 October 2012

Being superstitious is being stupid By: Lisa Antao


I consider myself a spiritual person. Spirituality is something which is hard to explain but easy to feel. Spirituality comes from the inside. I do believe in God. I don't have any schedule for prayers and usually pray for two reasons, to thank God for everything and asking for favours. I connect a lot with Sai Baba And I have developed this connection gradually in the last few years. Whenever I visit Shirdi, I soak in the serenity of that place. The surroundings of the temple are very divine - I feel that in the trees, animals and the people there.

If you look at Sai Baba, he is seen wearing old clothes, this shows that appearances don't matter, one's soul does. I have immense faith in him and whenever I am in problem I seek guidance from him.

Talking about religious shrines, I have visited Vaishnodevi, Shirdi, the Golden temple, Shani Shinganapur. In fact, I go to Shirdi once every two to three months. I would want to visit Ajmer Shariff.

I feel being superstitious is being stupid. I used to be like that I remember. I used to wear only a particular pair of jeans whenever I used to go for my auditions. But not anymore. Superstitions come from lack of self-belief and confidence and one should overcome that. I practise transcendental meditation. I do that for 15 minutes everyday. Sometimes, I also practise before a particular scene on the sets. After a session of meditation, I feel very relaxed and I feel much more of a creative person. Meditation helps me to connect to my inner self. I believe we humans are sophisticated gadgets, we should try and help ourself to improve our inner strength. It's an integral part of a human being.

Through prayers and meditation, I get the power and with that I feel as a better person. And when you are happy and connected with your inner self you also lead a good life. I guess it's up to you what kind of life you lead and what kind of life you want. You should have the faith in what you want no matter what you get. I can say with experience that one should have the right goals and dreams in life. Also, be realistic and have patience. Success is in God's hand, so, try and leave the rest upto him. God doesn't have an answering machine, he answers every call personally.


No comments:

Post a Comment