Saturday 2 February 2013

Why do we offer food to crows daily?


Once a girl asked me a question:
 why do we offer rice to crows? I live in Denmark, where crows are not to be found to the same extend as in Asia - so my question is , if it is important that it the crows that we offer our food to?
REPLY:
(i) The crows are the representatives of our ancestors; So, when we offer food to crows, our ancestors get pleased ; (ii) The crows are the representatives of the planet Saturn and Yama Dharma Raja. As Saturn is the controller of our duration of life, we will get good health and good image if we offer food to crows. (iii) As we are very busy, we usually do not have time to help others and hence, we offer food atleast to crows to get the same benefit of feeding people. (iv) The crowds are very broad minded. They do not eat alone. They invite all their team and eat together. So, you are feeding more birds, not just one.

Though you are in Denmark, offer food on the open terrace of your home, once, twice, thrice, and daily. If one crow finds it one day, it will come the next day also along with its friends. Then if you offer food daily, the crows will make it a habit of coming to your house at a particular time daily. Thus, you can change the customs of crows.

Try this and see what happens. Though it is not insisted , I have been offering food in my home to crows daily at 8 am for very long time since my Childhood. Every day the crows come exactly at 7.45-8 am without any watch. If I delay any day for a few minutes, they call me with a peculiar sound. When I offer food, they spread their wings happily and take their food.

This gives a kind of relief for us when they eat the food punctually and promptly. So, I am still continuing this practice as I try to see Krishna in Crows also. Yes, Krishna is living in Crows also.

So, though a person is a senior devotee of Krishna and has no commitment to do any material rituals, there is nothing wrong in offering food to other animals and see them happy. Jeevakarunya is also the good quality of devotees.
By: Anjali Yadav on Jan 30, 2013 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment